Pages

Jun 16, 2011

If I Were Snow on Those Mountains



If I were snow on those mountains
If I were a rebellious wind
Would you seek and find me
If I were an ownerless grave? 

If I were glow of that fire
If I made you cry and wearied
Maybe you would lean on me
If I were a wall in the prison

If I were an inn in that desert 
If I were ruined and miserable
Would you still love me
If I were an ebony smoke? 

If I were blood on that wound
If I were poured and went for nothing
I see that I have no place in this world
Ah, if only I were just a lie!.. 

Original Poem (Lyrics) ŞU DAĞLARDA KAR OLSAYDIM
Written by YUSUF HAYALOĞLU 
Translated by Sihirli Yazılar  

8 yorum:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Sihirli:
We did not know of Canel befoe now but have much enjoyed listening to the clip. It is, we feel, always so good to have the experiences of another culture different from one's own and this, and the very moving poem, allow us to do so in a small way from our own home.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello dear:


Nice poem and thanks for the music. It's nice that you bring Turkish literature and music out into our shared world.

Kindest regards,
Mike

Gardener in the Distance said...

Yes, Sihirli, it isn't love if the difficult or wayward or hurt isn't also embraced...

Sihirli Yazılar said...

Jane and Lance, learning about different cultures are always funny and interesting. I'm here not only to make you learn about mine but also to learn about yours... Thanks indeed for your interest.

Sihirli Yazılar said...

Mike, I'm trying to show you a different world. Difference is always funny, isn't it? Your visits make me happy. Thanks.

Sihirli Yazılar said...

Gardener, just as you say, a real love has to manage also problems, difficulties and bad days. Otherwise it isn't a real love. This song talks about this. He says, "Would you still love me if I were....." I wonder what her answer is:)
Thanks for your visit and comment. Take care...

Artistic Communism said...

Hello Kanki
Umarım good'sın?:))
Bayır-dağ wızz yaw, ay'a çıkarım gene bulurum seni:)))
Turkhiş yalanları ezberledim bak:)))
Kendine iyi bak...

Sihirli Yazılar said...

Bak sen, Türkiş argo-küfür-yalan-dolan hiçbişey kalmadı zaten bilmediğin:))) Ben bilmiyorumdur senin kadar...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...