Pages

Apr 7, 2011

I'm Listening To Istanbul



I'm listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed
First a  wind is blowing slightly
And leaves are shaking slowly on the trees;
Far far away
The lasting bells of the water carriers,
I'm listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed. 

I'm listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed. 
Coveys are passing over screaming
Fish nets are being drawn in the fish traps
A woman's feet are touching into the water
I'm listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed. 

I'm listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed.  
The cool Grand Bazaar
And the chirpy Mahmutpasha
The courtyards full of pigeons
Hammering sounds are coming from the docks
Sweat odours in the sweet spring wind
I'm listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed. 

I'm listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed. 
In the fuddle of the old sprees,
A coast with its gloomy boat houses
In the burr of the quited south winds
I'm listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed.  

I'm listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed.  
A coquette is passing by the sidewalk
Curses, songs, folk songs, wolf whistles
Something is falling down from her hand,
It must be a rose.
I'm listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed.  

I'm listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed.  
A bird is fluttering around your skirt,
I know if your forehead is hot or not,
I know if your lips are wet or not.
A white moon is rising behind the pistachio trees,
I feel it from your heart beats. 
I'm listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed.  


İstanbul'u dinliyorum, gözlerim kapalı - şiir çevirisi
Original poem: ORHAN VELİ KANIK
Translated by Sihirli Yazılar 

0 yorum:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...