Pages

Apr 23, 2011

Aysel, Go Away


Aysel, go away, I'm not suitable for you.
I sense that my death will be sudden.
Besides I am terrible, dark and a little ugly.
Aysel, go away, I don't want you.

In my rain you cannot wander, you will grow cold.
My nights will scatter your blondness.
If you sleep in my sleep, how scared you will be.
You cannot live in any of my moments.
Aysel, go away, I'm not suitable for you.
Don't dirty your brightness for me.
Besides I am terrible, dark and a little ugly.

If you try on my whistle, you will drop it immediately.
My eyes will speed up your solitude.
My trains will take you to the wrong cities.
You will either win the mastery of death
Or succeed in gathering fear.
My pains will come to you amply.
In no way my joy will look like yours.
Aysel, go away, I'm not suitable for you.
Please understand my hopelessness at least.
Besides I am terrible, dark and a little ugly. 

The moment I am happy, you will feel pain,
For you did not hear the humming of autumn
And from inside you a ship did not set sail and go
To the far-off lonely ports.
I am a contrary wanderer, the world is wide.
Inside me a giant ear is ringing.
My complicated journey has become clear.
Never bring another thing to your mind.
Aysel, go away, I'm not suitable for you.
I sense that my death will be sudden.
Besides I am terrible, dark and a little ugly.
Aysel, go away, I love you...

Original Poem AYSEL GİT BAŞIMDAN 
Written by ATTİLA İLHAN
Translated by Sihirli Yazılar 

10 yorum:

Das Radioaktive Mädchen said...

Nice photos & poems!It was great to find you! Completely unknown literature for me. Thank you for sharing it!

Sihirli Yazılar said...

Thank you so much for your visit and nice comment! In this new blog, I'm trying to introduce Turkish literature. Naturally such comments make me very happy. I hope you to come again to see my new translations. So long, take care:)

Carole Anne Carr said...

This poetry is amazing, how wonderful to be able to read it. And thank you so much for joining me. Carole.

Julie said...

I love this poem. Thanks for be in my blog.
I will follow yours. Thanks very much. Love.

Sihirli Yazılar said...

Carole Anne Carr:

An interesting poem from a famous Turkish poet, so I wanted to translate it for you. Thank you very much for your nice comment and following me.

Sihirli Yazılar said...

Julie:

Thanks for your nice comment and following me. Let's keep in touch. Take care:)

Galen Pearl said...

Hi! Welcome to my blog and thanks for following. I am following you back. Your blog is different from others that I follow, so I am especially happy that you found me and I look forward to reading more! --Galen

marifra79 said...

Capito qui per caso e non posso non farti i miei complimenti... bellissimo blog! Un abbraccio e buona giornata

Sihirli Yazılar said...

Galen Pearl:

Thanks for finding my blog different than others you follow and hope to keep in touch..

Sihirli Yazılar said...

marifra79:

Welcome.. I'm very happy you to find my blog by chance and hope to see you here again..
I looked at your delicious recipes and left comments, too. Love...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...