Pages

Apr 21, 2011

Another Istanbul


I sat down and thought of another Istanbul
Which is more like you, more with you
Which has more greenness and blueness
With your hands making everything more beautiful. 

I deleted all the stars from the sky
And put your eyes instead of them
I spread your hair over Istanbul
And painted everywhere to the colour of your lips.

Now Istanbul is bright, so glittery
The thing I made blow from the sea is your smell
I decorated the gardens with your beauty

I made you Istanbul and made Istanbul you
I wrote your poem in every street line by line 
Now all the parts of this city tells about you. 

Original Poem BİR BAŞKA İSTANBUL
Written by AHMET SELÇUK İLKAN 
Translated by Sihirli Yazılar

2 yorum:

Jacob De Camillis said...

Absolutely beautiful :)

http://anorientalmoon.blogspot.com

Sihirli Yazılar said...

Thanks:)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...